Tuesday 17 May 2011

NEVER HOPELESS

NEVER HOPELESS

“My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand.” – John 10: 27-28

My friend has a problematic son named Rigor. She keeps saying, “I have been praying for him for years. I have grown old but my son remains like a boy who refuses to grow up, lost in the ways of the world.” Her son started taking drugs when he was 15. He would combine drugs with alcohol which made things even worse. Every time he gets picked up because of the fights and the noise he creates, he would promise not to do it again. But after three days, Rigor would go back to his old ways.
My friend could no longer count the money she had spent paying off owners of cars or house windows broken by Rigor’s flying bottles, and hospital bills for his gashes and wounds from fights.
And just as Jesus said, we must believe that He has given us eternal life and we will never perish, my friend always ends her prayers with, “Lord, I know that You will change him, pick him up from the gutter where he has sunk, clean him up and make him a new man. Because Rigor is Your son and no one can take him away from You.” 
Chelle Crisanto (ellehcmaria@yahoo.com)

REFLECTION:
Never give up on the love and mercy of God.

I believe that You alone create miracles. 
Give me the miracle that I need in my life, that I may be released from the murk and dirt that envelop me. Free me, Lord. Love me, Lord. Keep me by Your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment